WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Meet Senior Executives From International Water Utilities:
- Managing Directors
- Leakage Development Managers
- Distribution Managers
- Leakage Managers
- Leakage Team Leaders
- Network Leakage Managers
- Network Managers
- Regulation Managers
- Leakage Engineers
- Leakage Controllers
- Operations Directors
- Heads Of Research & Development
- Leakage Strategy / Leakage Development Managers
- Chief Engineers
- Engineering Directors
- Civil Engineers
- Senior Manager Distribution Operations
- Senior Water Engineers
- Distribution Systems Managers
- Directors, Water Distribution
- Heads Of Water Supply
- Pipeline Management
Plus Service & Solution Providers In The Following Areas:
- Leak Detection Equipment
- Leak Detection Contractors
- Pipe Location Specialists
- Pipe Material Providers
- Network Modelling
- Data Management
- Meter Suppliers
- Valve Suppliers
- Pump Suppliers
- Pressure Reduction Valves
- Data loggers
- Satellite technology for asset location and management
- Thermal imaging/radar technologies
- Pipe Inspection and condition assessment (External/internal)
- Acoustic noise loggers
- Flow meters (full bore/insertion)
- Customer meters and meter readers
- Excavation and trenchless technology
- Pipe repair technologies (internal/external)
Operations Director Drinking Water Services
South West Water and Bournemouth Water, UK
Bob Taylor is currently Operations Director - Drinking Water Services for South West Water and Bournemouth Water. Bob joined South West Water earlier this year following Pennon's acquisition of Bournemouth Water in 2015 where he held the positions of Managing Director and Director of Operations. Prior to this Bob was Business Development Director with Singaporean group Sembcorp, responsible for development of the municipal water and wastewater business within most countries outside Asia with a specific focus on the Middle East, South America and India.
Between 2007 and 2010, Bob worked for British company Cascal as Managing Director of The China Water Company Limited. China Water comprised a group of 6 municipal water companies in mainland China serving a population of 2 million, now part of Sembcorp China.
Previously, Bob held a number of senior positions with the ADWEA group in Abu Dhabi and also worked for RWE Thames Water as General Manager and Director of the Ajman Sewerage Company in the United Arab Emirates. However most of his professional experience was gained in the UK where he held a number of senior positions in the Veolia Group of companies specializing in leakage control, network management and asset management.
Bob holds a B.Sc. (hons) in Civil Engineering from the University of Wales, Swansea, an M.Sc..in Public Health Engineering from Imperial College, London and a Masters in Business Administration from the University of West London. He is a Chartered Civil Engineer and a fellow of the UK's Institution of Civil Engineers. He is also a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Water and Environmental Management and a fellow of the Institute of Directors. He is married with two teenage children.
2018 LEARNING BENEFITS:
The World's Leading Leakage Summit...
...Now In Its 9th Edition And Established As A Brand Leader - For Water Company Practitioners To Exchange Up To Date Practical Information And Best Practice Technologies For Assessing, Monitoring And Reducing Leakage In Their Networks
KEY ISSUES FOR 2018
- Cost Effectively Outsourcing Leakage Operations To Performance Based Contracts
- Leakage And Customer Demand - Can Operators Work More Closely With Customers To Help Drive Down Leakage By Changing Customer Behaviour And Managing Demand?
- Can Smart Metering Make A Difference To Finding Leaks On Customer Supply Pipes And Reducing Customer Use?
- Options For Developing Low Cost Sensors To Cover The Whole Water Network
- Fledgling Technologies For Finding And Fixing Leaks Faster - What Part Will Robotics And Drone Technologies Play?
- Managing Upstream Losses - The Challenges Of Large Diameter Pipes
- Asset Management - 'Age Is Not Important But Calm Networks Are'!
Very good, informative and varied speakers